Contract Supervisor (Bentley Motors)
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world’s preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities – through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we’re dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world’s preferred choice.
We are currently recruiting for a Contract Supervisor to provide support to the Operations and Contract Operations Manager. You will maintain and develop excellent working relationships with the customer and strive to recommend and develop improvements in services offered. As a Contract Supervisor, you will be the 1st point of contact for Yusen Partners and Cross-docks so this role will require a motivated, ambitious and confident individual with proven leadership experience.
The position will offer a salary of up to £35k, working Monday to Friday, 8am-4:30pm and will be based In Crewe (CW1 3PL).
• Ensure that Brexit requirements (EXS, GVMS (GMR), Destin8) has minimal impact to both Yusen Logistics and Bentley Motors
• Attend operational reviews with Bentley Motors / Expeditors
• Provide effective advice and support for staff in carrying out their duties
• Undertake regular team briefings and (PDR) reviews with staff
• Maintain Stop Call Wait service level adherence
• Maintain OTIF delivery performance
• Off-site support when appointing new subcontractors / partners
• Assist Bentley Status team during busy periods
• Support in arranging any special transport requirements – Mandatory requirement to track out of hours for any critical vehicles
• Host weekly operational reviews with Bentley Motors / Ceva Logistics
• Ensure customer H&S procedures are adhered to, taking appropriate action where required
• Ensure all relevant equipment checks are carried out to make sure a safe working environment is always maintained
• Ensure all company procedures are adhered to. Ensure consistent 5S compliance – Sort, Straighten, Sanitise, Standardise, Sustain
• Ensure all business communications are cascaded appropriately and effectively to relevant Subcontractors / partners / Bentley Motors.
• It literate, MS Office applications, especially MS Excel
• Good understanding of MRP system would be an advantage
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to develop relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
• Strong commercial acumen
• Strong financial understanding
• Ability to effectively respond to complex enquiries
• Previous Supervisory/Management experience is required
• Automotive/customs background would be a bonus
Salary of up to £35,000 per annum, 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), Company Pension Scheme, Employee benefits i.e. Discount schemes including E-vouchers and gift cards, gym membership as well as a recognition platform
Critical Illness Cover, Tailored development and career opportunities, Company sick pay*,Employee Wellness initiatives – WeCare - includes 24/7 online GP, mental health support service, get fit programme and more.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Yusen Logistics is an equal opportunities employer, who encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of their personal circumstances. We make our recruiting decisions solely based on the skillset and experience. Diversity allows us to create an inclusive environment, where our employees can strive and grow their potential.