Application Specialist (WMS)
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world’s preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities – through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we’re dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world’s preferred choice.
We are looking for an Application Specialist (WMS) to be based in Northampton. The role will be based at our site in Grange Park (NN4 5FB).
The position holder will provide first/second line to support Yusen’s Warehouse Management Systems. (Manhattan WMi and Scale). They will deal with requests and incidents across all of Yusen UK warehouses, and managing them to a successful conclusion. As an Application Specialist you will deliver small system and process enhancements, using system configuration, providing all necessary documentation, and testing to ensure all deliverables are met.
The roles will offer a salary of up to £41K with the opportunity to work remotely up to 4 days per week (subject to business requirements). Site visits to other Yusen warehouses may be required.
Provide technical support to customers. Become their Super User but within an IT environment.
Investigate incidents, determine the root cause, implement fixes or workarounds, working closely with the customer.
Adhere to incident management controls, tools and SLA’s
2. Solution Design
Evaluate customer needs and requirements for small enhancements.
Present and agree the deliverables.
Propose system configuration to meet requirements and agree functional specifications.
Configure relevant systems to meet agreed requirements and specifications, for enhancements or incident fixes.
Test solution and present to UAT.
4. Project Management
Report into relevant PM, or Service Management as required, to keep the customer informed.
Liaison and management of external parties where required
Provide appropriate training and handover materials for delivered solutions and fixes.
• A level in Mathematics, English and Science or equivalent experience required
• (Ideally) Conversant with Manhattan Associates WMS (WMi, WMo, Scale) at a functional level, having worked in a 3PL environment, where you have provided second line incident management support.
• You have worked in a 3PL environment using an industry recognised Warehouse Management System and have an in-depth knowledge of its functionality and capabilities.
• Worked as a Super User dealing with day-to-day issues within an operational environment.
• Commercial awareness and able to provide input to the production of cost/benefit analysis.
• Excellent inter-personal skills – able to build a rapport at any level.
• Able to learn new systems quickly.
• At ease working under pressure to cost and time deadlines
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Flexible approach – the position will occasionally be required to provide on call support
• Driving Licence - occasional to other sites may be required
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Yusen Logistics is an equal opportunities employer, who encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of their personal circumstances. We make our recruiting decisions solely based on the skillset and experience. Diversity allows us to create an inclusive environment, where our employees can strive and grow their potential.